Pages

DIY Picture Replacement Game Pieces


If you're like our family, you are ALWAYS losing game pieces.  Or there is a fight over which piece the kids want to be.  It can really put a strain on family game night.

So when I saw this idea for replacement game pieces on Pinterest, I just fell in love with the idea.  I wish I could point you to the original pin, but the blog seems to have been dismantled and is no longer around.  So I'm going to show you how I made these so you can try to.



I started by finding pictures of my kids from their waste on up.  This was probably the hardest part of the whole project.  Drama Queen is pretty particular about pictures and I didn't want any arms cut off or side pics of anyone.  Once I found ones that I liked, I printed the pictures onto cardstock so they were about 3 inches tall.  Then I printed the pictures again, in mirror mode.

It was easy to cut them out and then glue them back to back.

I found these 1 inch binder clips at Walmart in the office supply aisle.  I plan to use some washi tape or cute duck tape to dress up the black on them, but for now, I just opened the clips up and placed each one of the kids' picture inside.

Super easy and I just LOVE how they turned out.  I can't wait for our game night to give them a go and see the reaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment