Pages

Skull Chocolate Covered Caramel Apple

Skull Shriveled Head Chocolate Covered Caramel Apple

Every fall, I start getting yelled at to make Caramel Apples.  I don't know if it's the cool crisp air, or the fall festivals reminding us of treats from our youth, or the apples falling from their trees, but it seems to be a craving that hits about this time every year.

Problem is...I don't like caramel.
It makes it very hard to want caramel apples, or to play in the caramel to make treats.

Caramel Apple Wraps

But when I was at Walmart the other day, I found these Caramel Apple wraps (you can find the Concord Caramel Apple Wrap  at Amazon too).  As easy as these looked, I knew I had to at least give them a try.

And they were super easy.  The caramel wraps come with 5 sheets to a package and are already cut into circles for you.  Each circle just needs to be warmed up in the microwave for 10 seconds on 20 percent power.

Caramel Covered Apple

Then you can just lay the caramel down over the apples and pull it to fit the edges.
SO EASY!

Skull Chocolate Caramel Apple

To make the apples into skulls, I drew a pair of eyes and a nose on the apple using melted chocolate.  You will want to make these pretty big so when the rest of the chocolate covers the apple, they don't get lost. Going over sized is definitely better than undersized for effect.

Skull Shriveled Head Caramel Apple

Now just take some melted chocolate  and spoon it over the top of the apple and around the caramel to make your skull.

I was surprised with how easy the whole project was and how fun it turned out! And these shriveled head skull chocolate caramel apples will be a perfect addition to my Witch's Cupboard dessert table for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment