Pages

Alice in Wonderland Croquet on a Cheapskate's Budget

You can't have any Alice in Wonderland party without offering Flamingo Croquet!

But I've looked everywhere for a cute (CHEAP), easy (CHEAP), fun (CHEAP) croquet set that I can either remake or up-cycle into a flamingo with no luck.

I certainly have seen some cute ones...






I will tell you that I am not good with wood...I don't have the skills (and Hubby won't let me near a saw after the Cheese Grater Incident.)  I couldn't find any croquet mallets that were in my budget (which is almost 'nil.)  And the only flamingos that I could find were at Dollar Tree and really small.

So I was stuck....what do I do?
Forgo the Flamingo Croquet?

No!!!

So I made mine own.
I can't tell you for sure if they work since we haven't played yet...but after having my kids walk around "wacking" everything they could with it...it seems to hold up pretty well.


I don't know if you can get the complete idea that it's a pink flamingo from Disney's Alice in Wonderland version, but the idea is there.


And the great thing is...they were in my budget.
Each mallet only cost me $1.30 (ish).

This one is only the prototype to see if it would work or not.  "The Perfectionist" wants me to add some feathers to the back. I don't know if we'll do that or not.  What do you think?

You can find the directions HERE.  Or, I've since made an easier set that uses the xxx from Amazon.  You can find the directions for those HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment