Pages

Felt Easter Bunny Candy Pocket

Easter Bunny Candy Pocket by Kims Kandy Kreations
I'm pretty sure I have told you before that my husband and I met when I was only 12 years old.  We've known each other a LONG time.  It took a "few" years for me to come around to his way of thinking and become more than friends, but sometimes I wonder if our moms knew that one day it would happen.

Years ago, Dear Hubby's mom gave me a cute Easter Bunny bag filled with sweet treats.  At the time, I wasn't much of a crafter but I thought it was the neatest thing so I've been toting it around with me through the years.


This year, I decided to recreate the bunny for my kids.  (But I'm certainly NOT giving it to any of their "crushes", I've seen where that leads!)

easter bunny face template
I started by making a bunny head template out of card stock.  You can use mine if you want.

Easter bunny felt pocket
Then I cut it out of white felt.  I used colored yarn (a different color for each kid) and a running stitch to stitch up the ears and sides of the face.  I didn't stitch between the ears to allow for the candy.

Easter Bunny face made from pom poms and pipe cleaner
Next I cut a white pipe cleaner into thirds for the whiskers and used 2 white pom poms and a slightly smaller orange pom pom to make the mouth.

Easter Bunny Candy Pocket with face
I glued those to the bunny head and added wiggly eyes.

Easter Bunny pocket filled with Hershey kisses
Finally, I filled it with Hershey kisses.  If you want, you can tie the ears into a soft knot to secure the candy, but I haven't had any trouble with it falling out.

hershey kiss filled felt easter bunny candy pocket with bow
Even though I have a family of mostly boys, I thought this cute Easter bunny just needed a bow to finish her off.  I'm sure the boys will end up rolling their eyes at that, but sometimes they know my craziness and just roll with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment