Pages

Color My World Thank You Gift

I know ALOT of parents who give gifts to their kids' teachers on the first day of school as a Welcome Back gift or as a Break The Ice gift.  I admit, I don't do that myself, but think it's pretty smart to "sweeten" up the teacher before school begins...
Since my kids will be moving 2 months into school, I wanted to make a quick Back to School gift to thank the teacher for their help and love for the short time we are here. 

I started with a tuna fish can and 2 boxes of 24 count crayons.

Using my nifty Smooth Edge Can Opener, I took off the sharp edges of the tuna can and cleaned it out.

I started gluing crayons around the edge of the can.

I found the best way was to place a little bit of glue on the bottom half of the crayon at the back where the paper edges come together. (Can you tell that's what I'm doing? weird picture!)

Once all the crayons were glued around the edge (I actually only ended up using 35 crayons total), I used some of this fun polka dot ribbon that I bought at Walmart.

Using about 14 inches of the ribbon, I glued it around the crayons to help hold them together if anything gets bumped...and to add a pop of white to enhance the color to the gift.

I then took my curvy 1 7/8 inch punch to a scrap piece of yellow paper I had (I knew there was a reason I kept all that paper) and then punched out the saying using a round 1 1/2 inch punch. I glued the two together to the front of the ribbon where the edges overlapped.

I finished off the gift by adding a bag of candy to the center of the crayon ring.
Now I have a cute, cheap gift for all the teachers! It would also be a great end of school teacher gift or Christmas gift...in fact I may reuse it when I get to our new school.  After all who doesn't need more candy in a cute container?  And by buying the crayons on sale during the Back to School shopping, it's a cheap gift to make too!

Here's the printable if you want to try! I hope you'll share your creations, I'd love to see if you make this too.

Visit thecsiproject.com

No comments:

Post a Comment