Pages

Green Beans and Corn with Bacon, Onion and Garlic


I always like to dress up my side dishes a little bit.  Here is a combination that I put together back in July.  This has been sitting in drafts for a while, and I thought that I should post it before it gets lost.

This is certainly simple and easy and can hardly be called a recipe, but maybe it will spark an idea for someone.  I used frozen corn and drained, canned green beans  (my hubby's preference).  Frozen cooked or fresh cooked green beans can be also used.

Green Beans and Corn with Bacon, Onion and Garlic
2 slices bacon
1/4 c. onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can (16 oz.) canned green beans, drained (or use about 1 1/2 c. cooked fresh or frozen)
1 1/4 c. cooked corn, fresh or frozen (can use 1 can (16 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained)

Fry bacon in a medium skillet until crisp.  Remove to paper towel to drain.  Drain off bacon grease,  leaving just a film in the bottom of the skillet.  Add the onion and garlic to the skillet.  Cook about 5 minutes or until tender.  Add green beans and corn.  Heat through.  Just before serving, crumble bacon and scatter over green beans and corn.  Makes about 4 servings.

Linking to Side Dish Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment